Sunday, January 02, 2005

North Of The Border - Visit #2

This is the second burrito reviewed by M.O.A.B. from:

"North of the Border Mexican Restaurant" in Bartlett, Illinois.

My second selection from their menu was:
North of the Border - Picadillo (Ground Beef) Burrito

Purchased January 2nd, 2005 - to celebrate the end (FINALLY!)of a shitty Bears season.

Wrap / Presentation * * * * *
The kids here are good. There's no doubt about that. They're 2 for 2 in the Wrap/Presentation category. Way to go!

Fillings * * * 1/2
Ground beef, beans, cheese, tomato and sour cream. I was indeed able to sub out the lettuce for some cilantro and onion. This made a BIG difference in the filling.

Flavor * * *
Being able to leave out the lettuce and substitute cilantro and onion really was nice. I would definitely do it again. My only complaint is that the ground beef was extremely cold. Granted, they'd only been open an hour. It's possible that if they have it simmering throughout the day that it just might not have been up to temperature. I'm barely five minutes away (by car) and I find it hard to believe it could get that cold on the drive back. This burrito lost a 1/2 star for the meat temp.

Staff * * * *
The same friendly suburban highschool kids. Polite and again asked if I wanted to expand the order to the burrito dinner option. I chose not to.

Condiments * * * *
The same two tubs of green and red hot sauce. I had a bottle of Valentia in the fridge and tried that out, as they highlight it on their tables. Also a nice touch.

OVERALL AVERAGE SCORE: 3.9 stars for the Picadillo (Ground Beef)Burrito.

North of the Border is 2 for 2 so far. I'm interested in trying their fish burrito and one more from the regular menu in the future. I may wait till Spring for the fish one, though.

In comparison to Green Bay trouncing the Bears on their final game of the year, 31-14... North of the Border's burrito was the only decent thing this afternoon.

LOL.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home