Sunday, January 16, 2005

El Burrito Fantastico - Visit #2

Here is the second burrito reviewed by M.O.A.B. fom:

El Burrito Fantastico
Roselle, IL

CORRECTION AND APOLOGY TO THE FOLKS AT EL BURRITO FANTASTICO:Tomatoes are indeed part of every burrito. I probably just didn't notice them the first time I orderd from their menu. My original review incorrectly stated that tomatoes were not part of the fillings. M.O.A.B. felt it only right to correct this.

My second selection from their menu was:
El Burrito Fantastico - Pastor Burrito


Purchased January 15th 2005

Wrap / Presentation * *
All I can say is that once again it was wrapped adequately... at first. LIke the chicken burrito before it... the burrito began to fall apart at the tail end of things. The remaining filling had to be eaten with a fork as the guy totally disintegrated at the end. I had to drop the rating on this one.

Fillings * * *
Pastor (pork), beans, cheese and tomato. I ordered extra cheese, sour cream and avocado this time around. They were once again very frugal with the avocado. It was buried in a corner. I only saw the avocado once the thing had unraveled.

Flavor * * * 1/2
What it lost in the wrap, it made up for in the flavor. The pastor was quite good. The adding of extra cheese, as M.O.A.B. had mentioned in the other review, was exactly what the burrito doctor ordered.

Staff * * * *
The same nice and pleasant person who waited on me during my initial visit. Couldn't have been nicer. :)

Condiments * *
I'm readjusting the review for their sauces. The hot wasn't anything but. The mild was downright bland... again. I regrettably have to score this category low once again.

OVERALL AVERAGE SCORE: 2.9 stars for the Pastor Burrito.

That's a little down from the first visit, but more for asthetic reasons rather than flavor. It just got extremely messy at the end.

M.O.A.B. presently stands with its review of El Burrito Adequate-o. There may be a follow-up visit in the future. Time will tell.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home